Has your child begun to show signs that they are teething? If so, it is of chief importance to help them deal with the sometimes-painful condition. Teething is completely natural in all children, as it is merely the process of teeth crossing the gum line. However, it can often cause uneasiness and pain for the child, so various treatment methods should be implemented. Take note of the following teething treatments to help your child:
– If teething brings about diarrhea, rashes, or fevers, consult their pediatrician as soon as possible.
– Avoid teething tablets for children under two, unless specified directly under the supervision of their pediatrician.
– Teething can often be found in the mannerisms of a child, including extra fussiness and irritability, a loss of appetite, or even excessive drooling.
– Never use your finger as a soothing tool on their gums unless it has been disinfected first.
– Various tools and methods of treatment can be created to help a teething child, including teething rings, soft music, gauze pads, or even cold spoons gently rubbed against their gum line.
If you are ready to take the next step to achieve a glorious smile for your child, set an appointment with Palm Court Dental and our pediatric office in Fontana, California. We can easily be reached at 909-829-3994 . Dr. Neal Vavra and the rest of our team look forward to taking your child’s smile into the future!