Bruxism is a silent tooth destroyer. Bruxism, also known as teeth grinding, is the condition of frequently grinding and gnashing your teeth, often while unconscious. One of the most common forms of bruxism, sleep bruxism, occurs while you are asleep and can easily go unrecognized for long periods of time. If your smile ever comes across different or “off” when you wake up, look for these signs and symptoms of bruxism:
– Your teeth might look flat or dull from bruxism damage, or even chipped and cracked with no other explanation of how the damage got there.
– Bruxism can result in other disorders such as TMJ disorders.
– Your teeth may be extra sensitive and you will experience an increase in discomfort.
– Talk to a sleep partner or roommate to see if you clench your teeth loudly while you sleep.
– You come down with random headaches and earaches.
– You experience jaw soreness and facial pain when you wake up.
– Your tongue is indented and your cheek tissue shows signs of harm.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that a bruxism treatment can provide, please see our Palm Court Dental team for an oral exam from Dr. Neal Vavra and Dr. Ricky Chung in Fontana, California. We invite you to schedule your visit by calling us at 909-829-3994 . Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!