Teeth Sensitivity: Remedies and Treatment
Posted by Palm Court Dental on Sep 14 2021, 07:29 AM
If you experience sharp temporary pain on your teeth while consuming hot or cold food, you may have teeth sensitivity. It is an uncomfortable sensation that can be treated through professional dental procedures and home remedies. At Fontana, CA, Palm Court Dental provides treatment to patients that can help control tooth sensitivity.
What Causes Teeth Sensitivity
- People who tend to grind and clench their teeth may experience teeth sensitivity.
- Brushing the teeth too hard could result in sensitive teeth.
- Plaque buildup could cause teeth sensitivity.
- Consumption of acidic food could lead to sensitive teeth.
- Patients with dental diseases like gingivitis and gum recession may experience teeth sensitivity.
Remedies and Treatments for Teeth Sensitivity
- Use a specific, dentist-prescribed toothpaste for sensitive teeth. It helps to reduce teeth sensitivity and block the discomfort caused by the sensitivity from traveling to the nerve of the tooth.
- Select a mouth rinse that contains hydrogen peroxide. It helps to reduce inflammation in the gums and helps to heal them.
- Use a toothbrush with soft bristles. Brushing the teeth gently can help reduce teeth sensitivity caused by vigorous brushing.
- Saltwater can be used to rinse the mouth. It helps to balance the pH level and reduces the growth of bacteria in the mouth. The process also helps to alleviate the pain symptoms caused by sensitivity.
Treatments for Sensitive Teeth
- Your dentist could provide a fluoride treatment, which can help to treat sensitive teeth. It is applied to the teeth and left for several minutes to act on the teeth. Fluoride strengthens the teeth's enamel and reduces the pain caused by sensitivity.
- Some dental conditions like gingivitis and gum recession can cause teeth sensitivity. Dentists can perform dental procedures like professional dental cleaning that can help treat these conditions. Tooth sensitivity gradually resolves once the diseases are treated completely.
Consult the Dentist
If you have tooth sensitivity, you may not be able to enjoy your favorite food and drinks at their perfect temperature. Visiting your dentist at the earliest can help in providing relief from tooth sensitivity.
Palm Court Dental, located in Fontana, CA, has efficient dentists who can provide the best dental services. Call (909) 829-3994 and book an appointment with the dentistry to know more about tooth sensitivity and receive a complete dental checkup for you and your family.